Reasons to love Nyjer Morgan
Grabbed from the Sports Illustrated article.
– his name requires pronunciation reminders (NIGH-jer you funny punks), just so nobody says something damned offensive.
– somebody has to get at bats for the Pirates, and he’s a base stealer (fantasy skillz).
– he projects to be a defensive whiz, and made a hell of a catch last year:
– he calls centerfield “Morgantown.” What does he call his shaggin’ wagon? The Nyjermobile? How about his dog? The Morganfriend?
– he’s a black kid who played hockey– he’s a stereotype killer! That’s my man right there.
(and yes, I know this is the profile of Tike Redman. Base stealer, good fielder, can’t hit a double…)